Saturday, May 26, 2007

Gender Dictionary

I will tell a joke I saw once in the Sunday cartoons in the newspaper. I think the name of the cartoon was "sally" or something like that.

A man tells his wife that he is going out to the store. She looks at him thoughtfully and holds out her car keys and says, "you can use my car, if you like." He gets an anxious puzzled look on his face, and runs into the next room and takes a "gender" dictionary off the shelf and looks up the phrase. The male translation is: "Take my car and fill it up with gas." He comes back smiling, takes her keys and she is happy. She feels loved, cared-for and understood.

For a discussion on this topic of gender communications, go to www.friendsforthejourney.com.

No comments:

R U Ready to Make the Commitment?

R U Ready to Make the Commitment?