Tuesday, May 13, 2008

it’s O.K. with me, but you got to run it by Cheney


Aired Thursday night on CBS: So here is what happened on Tuesday. Hillary Clinton barely won my home state of Indiana. And she lost in the state of North Carolina. But here is the good news. She has a substantial lead in the state of denial.
I’m no pundit, but it occurred to me that Hillary Clinton has one thing in common with President Bush. Neither of them has an exit strategy.

Now here’s what I don’t understand about government and politics and stuff like that. Earlier today President Bush asked Congress to O.K. an additional $50 billion for his daughter’s wedding.
This weekend at the Bush family ranch, one of President Bush’s daughters will be getting married. And I thought this was cute. The groom went to President Bush and asked for his daughter’s hand in marriage. And President Bush said, “Well, it’s O.K. with me, but you got to run it by Cheney.”
Everybody is helping out with the big Jenna Bush wedding. As a matter of fact right now, Dick Cheney is waterboarding the groom. - Letterman

No comments:

R U Ready to Make the Commitment?

R U Ready to Make the Commitment?